DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Hong Kong Data Center Market – Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities 2022-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Hong Kong is a prime location for cloud service providers because it can serve both Asia Pacific and Mainland China. The investments in the Hong Kong cloud services market are growing.
The colocation market in Hong Kong will continue to grow as a result of the government’s digitalization initiatives, a strong infrastructure backbone, a stable economy, advances in renewable energy adoption, a push toward green energy production, and strategic location, such as proximity to mainland China.
Hong Kong is witnessing smart city initiatives that will grow the technology penetration in the market. Smart City Blueprint 2.0 is one of the initiatives to use smart technology to address the day-to-day issues faced by citizens.
Hong Kong is a developing location in terms of artificial intelligence technology adoption in the market. In December 2021, Microsoft Hong Kong announced MoU with New World Development for the Greater Bay Area (GBA) cohort focused on artificial intelligence and robotics.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT
- The adoption of cloud computing, advanced technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, artificial intelligence, the deployment of 5G, and government support for data centers such as tax subsidies are driving the data center market in Hong Kong.
- The Hong Kong government is also supporting the growth of the data center market through many initiatives, such as setting up its unit for developments named as Data Centre Facilitation Unit in Hong Kong, which provides assistance and information regarding data center developments.
- The significant locations for data center development in Hong Kong include Tseung Kwan O, Fo Tan, Kwai Chung, Tsuen Kwan, Chai Wan, Tai Po, and other locations out of which places such as Kwai Chung, Tseung Kwan O, Tsuen Kwan, Fanling, and West Kowloon witnessed investments in 2021.
- Hong Kong government has set up its Climate Action Plan 2050, which includes aims for net-zero electricity generation and the development of green infrastructures such as green buildings and transport systems. Also, the Water supplies department in Hong Kong is planning to use the flow of potable water from reservoirs to generate renewable energy.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS:
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
DATA CENTER CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS & SUB-CONTRACTORS:
- BYME Engineering
- Chung Hing Engineers
- DSCO Group
- Gammon Construction
- Studio One Design
SUPPORT INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS
- Rolls Royce
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Schneider Electric
- Vertiv Group
DATA CENTER INVESTORS
- China Mobile International
- GDS Services
- Mapletree Investments
- SUNeVision (iAdvantage)
This report analyses the Hong Kong data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments. The segmentation includes:
- Storage Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- Rack Cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
- Core & Shell Development
- Installation & commissioning Services
- Building & Engineering Design
- Fire Detection and Suppression
- Physical Security
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Existing & Upcoming Third-Party Data Centers in Hong Kong
Chapter 2: Investment Opportunities in Hong Kong
Chapter 3: Data Center Colocation Market in Hong Kong
Chapter 4: Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Trends
- Market Restraints
Chapter 5: Market Segmentation
Chapter 6: Tier Standard Investment
Chapter 7: Key Market Participants
Chapter 8: Appendix
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/29uwea